About our branch
60 years ago, we are the local branch of the British Cactus &
Succulent Society based around the Macclesfield and Wilmslow areas of
Through our meetings, shows, newsletter and wider activities
we seek to promote the appreciation, study, conservation, propagation and
cultivation of cacti and other succulent plants.
annual programme covers a wide range of cactus and succulent related
topics to appeal to beginner and veteran alike. Most meetings consist of a talk
illustrated with images, video and/or plants. There is also a competitive
table show, a chance to chat over tea/coffee and biscuits, and usually
plants for sale.
We organise special events such as greenhouse visits and
exhibit at local shows.
Newcomers are always welcome, and Membership is
open to all.
Please do come along and visit us.
We have Branch Constitution, which can be downloaded here
- Chair: Peter Cupial-Jones
- Vice-Chair: Tony Leonard
- General Secretary: Bryan Doherty
- Treasurer: Alan Ibbotson
- Programme Secretary: Malcolm Lyon
- Show Secretary: Judith Roseblade
- Ordinary Committee Members: Chris Eardley & Harold Cooper
We also rely on a team of people who look after much of the day-to-day
running of the Branch. These include:
- Alasdair Glen (Newsletter Editor)
- Bruce Walton (RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee)
- Bryan Doherty (Assistant Show Secretary, RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee)
- Harold Cooper (RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee)
- Judith Roseblade (Social Secretary, RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee)
- Kate Green (Book Loans, RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee)
- Peter Cupial-Jones (RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee Chair)
- Phil Crewe (Website)
- Roger Hensman (Plant-of-the-Month competition)
- Tony Leonard (RHS Tatton Show Subcommittee)
Macclesfield & East Cheshire Branch Meetings
Please note that November's meeting has a different venue.
Second Monday of the month (unless this falls on Easter
7.30pm for 7.45pm
For full details of our programme dates and what is planned go
to our meetings page.
For further information on how to find us go to our contact page.